Leatherwork for smartphone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not sure if its worth asking or if this is the right place but here goes...

Has anyone on here who makes things with leather ever tried to make a custome phone or smart phone case for themselves? I guess this could even apply to cases made out of other materials.

I have a new phone which is a week onto the market hence its very hard to find a protective case that is right. There are some out there but they just don't cut it for me. Its funny but the iPhone cases in leather have always been better than those for other phone makes.

Anyway the basic shape is probably easy to make but its the cut-outs for the camera and various sockets or buttons. Anybody got any idea how to make something like this? Is there a maker who could make something nice looking to protect the phone but not make it too bulky. Custom made case is kinda what I am asking about. People make all sorts of pouches on here but has anyone made a decent phone pouch. Ideally a leather one would suit for normal, everyday use and a tougher and possibly waterproof case for attaching to my sack when on my travels would be nice. Most phone pouches available on the market are for the traditional nokia block shaped phone from a while ago.

Anyway, anyone got ideas? Just thinking out loud really so don't expect any replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE