Leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Look for 'leather factors & merchants' in the yellow pages.

The other place to get leather from is re-enactment fairs. The best one is the Original Re-enactment Market, now heald near Coventry twice a year, but if you Google 're-enactment' and 'market' or 'fair', you should get a fair list of dates and places. Many of the traders also provide a postal service, and will often send samples, or bags of off-cuts...

Sep 25, 2004
Devon
if the leather is too thick you can shave it down a bit with a piece of broken glass. dont get cut though...

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
outdoorgirl said:
The other place to get leather from is re-enactment fairs. The best one is the Original Re-enactment Market, now heald near Coventry twice a year, ...

Do you happen to know when those are held, before I go googling?

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
The original Re-enactors market is held mid-march and mid-november... Actual dates for the next march one:

Spring Market 2005

11th 12th and 13th March

Opening times

Friday 12.00 to 6.00
Saturday 10.00 to 5.00
Sunday 10.00 to 4.00

It's much quieter on Fridays, usually with just mad people like me, and other traders shopping. Saturday is always packed, and Sunday too, although you can get a bargain at the end of the day...

There's an entry fee of £3 per day, or a fast-track tickets of £7.50 that lets you all for the whole show, and lets you bypass the (usally very long) queues.

Hundreds of suppliers there, selling everything from raw materials to completed items - fabrics, leathers, etc, to daggers, knives, swords, full suits of armour etc... :)

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Hey Jak, I'm in the middle of trying to persuade the maintenance men to give me some leftover green leather if you're interested (and anybody else for that matter). I'm not sure how much yet but I'll post when I do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE