Leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
bushwacker bob said:
Stuart :?: i know its latin not welsh,as it has vowels in it, and kellam isn't mentioned, so please translate. :cry:
It says - "He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow."

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Stuart are you still after some leather? I just found 12 hides in my store room, forgot I had them.

Let me know if your still after some, or anybody else for that matter.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Gary how big are the hides you've got, I'm after some leather at the moment to make a new sheath for my knife and possibly a couple of pouches. If you could let me know price etc I'll most likely buy some off of you.

Cheers

Matt

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Matt,

All the hides I have are approx 1 x 2 foot (roe deer sized) and are undyed and hairless.

Perfect for pouches, moccasins, buckskin jackets and such - I have made a knife sheath with it (for a mora knife) but you need to have a liner as it isnt thick enough on its own for that - I used the orginal plastic sheath just cut it down to cover the blade.

As for price - I see by the link Stuart provided it would be about £15 a hide not including postage - so I guess if we say £12 per hide I will include postage in the price (postage will be around £6.99 otherwise)

As I say I have just under a dozen hides - incidentially you would need two hides for a pair of mocassins and about 5 for a jacket.

Any takers PM me. First come first served.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
http://www.pearcetandy.com/index.htm
I was at the Identity Store in Northampton this last weekend. They seem to have a lot of good stuff. Don't know how the price compares, but if you are ever in that part of the country it is worth a look!

Stuart, I have a 2003 catalogue for you, if you want it, the 2004 isn't out for some weeks yet :roll:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Sorry guys my mistake hides are actually larger - 2 x 3 - but price is the same - oh and only two left now.

Sorry all gone now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE