leather wallet

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was asked by one of the members on bb to make him a leather wallet out of an old leather tool wallet he had.
so of to the workshop i went.
he had another wallet that he likes and wanted me to make the same type wallet but out of this leather.
now this was not easy as i had to unpick the tool wallet and then try and use as much leather out of this to make the wallet you see today.
i put him a nice tan zip in this, and it concertinaed like the other and stitched so that you get an extra too compartments as well as the three main ones, this was not easy i can tell you.
i done all this by awl, as i wanted to keep this as rustic as possible and to not be to clean, as this is a lovely piece of old leather and i wanted to keep that look.
it also has a stamp on the top and he asked me to keep that in if possible.
there are a few bits where i have left pieces of the leather not strait, to keep as much of the original leather as possible, rather than cut it out, and straiten it up, i have left it to keep the character.
i had to use a little of my leather as there was not enough out of the old sheath to do it all, but i have left that natural, as with age it will become the colour of the old part of the wallet in the end.
hope you like it.
this is what he gave me.
old wallet that i had to convert by lucky_lee, on
IMG_0689 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3628 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3629 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3630 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3631 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3634 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3636 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3637 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_3643 by lucky_lee, on
this is the wallet that i made out of an old tool wallet by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
thanks for looking.
take care.
lee.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Nice work as usual but I have to admit I really, really like the original wallet....can't see why he wanted to alter it.......maybe he needed a purse to keep his small change in.:D

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Nice work as usual but I have to admit I really, really like the original wallet....can't see why he wanted to alter it.......maybe he needed a purse to keep his small change in.:D
im not sure what he wanted to use it for, but the original was just a tool pouch mate, and could really be only used for what it was intended for, he has a smaller version of what i made, and wanted a bigger version of that.
thanks for the comments.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
im with the above the original was a great gnarly ole thing. each to their own though and you have created a beauty out of it. and will only improve with age
it was bud, it was falling apart and it was a shame to not make something useful out of it, if it was mine in would have done the same, rather than just keep something that you can't use, i suppose thats a leathersmiths mind.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi lucky lee its nice to see something old given a new lease of life i bet he will be really pleased with it regards dave

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
This is mine chaps, as it was it was to big to use as a wallet and did not have enough room for cards.
This is JUST what I wanted from this great piece of old leather and now will get used every day.
New life into old leather.
Over the moon with it Lee, cheers mate!
Chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE