Leather strops FS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
The thong handled strop is now SOLD
I have one remaining; same as the standard strop but oil dyed and decorated-£20 inc p+p
I'll post a photo if anyone is interested;)
just ask:D
regards
R.B.

Hi is this still available??

If so I now have the funds!

If it is could you PM me your paypal details?

Thanks
Drew

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Can heartily recommend these strops, extremely well made and finished and work a treat RB does a terrific job. By the way any more possibles on the radar RB?

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Can heartily recommend these strops, extremely well made and finished and work a treat RB does a terrific job. By the way any more possibles on the radar RB?

Thanks for that Sniper!:eek:
I do have the strop mentioned, I just have not gotten round to sorting out a picture yet; A combination of trying to keep too many plates spinning at once and my crew at work, being last on the leave roster this year!:1244:

I've replied to your pm welshwit and you can certainly have first dabs;)

Thanks again
R.B.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
I'd be interested in one, but a thought that has often crossed my mnd when looking at peoples leather work; where on earth do you buy leather from?

I'd love to have a go at doing something myself but have no idea where to get the basic materials from!

Chris

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I know it is off topic but I have used plain strops for years and have always used both sides. The first with the flesh side with compound, then the 'skin' side without. That is usless I am using my belt in the field where I only use the flesh side bart the compound.

Now after seeing these great decorated strops with tooling on the skin side I am wondering if I am using them correctly? If I am does the tooling affect the performance on the 'skin' side?

Christopher

rancid badger

You call that lucky?:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Christopher, The dye doesnt affect the stroping qualities and its very unlikely that the patterning would make any significent difference. Most people dont even bother useing the smooth side, if you do regularly use it the pattern would smooth away.

Ah, 10 miles is just enough! not to be be a "towny" :p
R.B.

rancid badger

I know it is off topic but I have used plain strops for years and have always used both sides. The first with the flesh side with compound, then the 'skin' side without. That is usless I am using my belt in the field where I only use the flesh side bart the compound.

Now after seeing these great decorated strops with tooling on the skin side I am wondering if I am using them correctly? If I am does the tooling affect the performance on the 'skin' side?

Christopher

I have used the grain side before now, your certainly not doing anything "wrong" but as bushwacker bob was saying; most people only use the flesh side.
I'm not sure whether the decoration would have much effect on the stropping but the stropping would certainly have an effect on the decoration!:D

I've now got hold of some more strapping by the way, so if anyone would like one made to order just let me know;)
I'm going to have a go at a heavy belt made with the same hide!:cool:

I've pm'd one or two who had asked just after I ran out;)

best wishes
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE