leather shotgun toe protectors

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
After lowing the working life of several pairs of boots/wellie over the years from resting the broken gun barrels on the toe of my boot i decided to make one of these for myself.
1 in the pics with a leather thong and stiff stop slide (for wellies). Mink oiled and waxed.

Cheers for looking
IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Cheers Guys, does look a bit like a motocycle tax disc holder. Was going to make a few more for sale, but the ones i did there was not much interest so wasnt worth paying £30 to try and sell them. There helping save my boots though :D

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Cheers Guys, does look a bit like a motocycle tax disc holder. Was going to make a few more for sale, but the ones i did there was not much interest so wasnt worth paying £30 to try and sell them. There helping save my boots though :D
you really need to carve a big L or an R on it.
See if anyone asks you hwat the letter stands for:D

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Or tool in the letters TGIF!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I'll go crawl back under my rock.

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

p.s. No, not Thank God It's Friday, but Toes Go In First!

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Good way to blow your toe off.

Laugh if you want, but I know a guy who did it. Dropped in a shell, flipped the barrel closed only this time the barrel got caught on his boot and the shotgun fired an ounce of #8 through his boot and took off his big toe.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
my gun gets rested there when broken, never closed and i dont load it there not by concious effort but its not what naturally comes easy.

Id have to do quite a few things that i never do to manage that,

1. load the gun with it on my toe
2. close the gun with it still on my toe
3. load and close with the safety off
4. pull the trigger whilst still on my toe.

Gwhtbushcraft

Settler
Nov 16, 2006
Warwickshire
My great grandpa (im 15) was leaning on his shotgun while watching a game of football and he left himself with just three fingers, he coped (sharpened fork ect) but it shows it can happen.
George

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
My great grandpa (im 15) was leaning on his shotgun while watching a game of football and he left himself with just three fingers, he coped (sharpened fork ect) but it shows it can happen.
George

How bad does a football game have to be to even think of watching it with loaded shotgun!!!. Crikey anyone would think footie violence was modern. There was an american president that shot himself in the foot.

Nice leather work.

Gwhtbushcraft

Settler
Nov 16, 2006
Warwickshire
Ah, cripes I walked into that one! Should have read it more thoroughly :banghead: I believe he was leaning over a fence watching some boys have a kick around in a field. I don’t think I ever had the pleasure of meeting him actually, but I believe he was an engineer that built gliders in his spare time and he made a leather device on his stump that he could screw tools into and he continued building gliders!
George
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE