Leather boots without a waterproof liner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trotsky

I've had British army assault boots, German army combat boots and Norwegian army M77 boots. All are decent leather boots, the British ones are a swine to bed in from new (if you're lucky enough to get unissued boots cheaply) and 2 pairs I had in the past both failed in the same place indicating a weakness in that area to me. The German boots are excellent, much kinder to the feet and being thicker multi layer leather uppers they're warmer. The Norwegian boots are definitely the most expensive, but I've had I think 4 pairs going back to when I was 15 and they're by far the most comfortable combat boots I've ever worn. If you don't mind the price tag of the M77 boots, I'd certainly recommend them, if you'd rather be frugal then the German boots are definitely worth a punt.

Sep 11, 2014
Maidstone, KENT
Lows Patrol look excellent and can be had for £30 less than AltBergs new but that's online without being able to try first so may not work out. Its between the Patrol and Warrior for what I want so will go with one or the other.

The Lowa are heavier & more heavily built.
The Altbergs are more refined, lighter, but perhaps not as bomb-proof.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
$597!!! And I thought £136.99 was a lot!

Don't mind the extra weight as durability is my primary concern so leaning toward the Lowas. How do Lowa owners find the sizing? I am a U.K. 10 in normal shoes do I need to go up half a size with the Lowas like AltBerg?

If you have wide feet i would try them on. I'm an 8 in Haix and Altberg but i have to go to 8.5 in Lowas, even then they're a bit tight until they break in. Altbergs are better for those with wide feet since they come in different width fittings. Some lowas do now i believe but i think they're only goretex lined ones.

Tonyuk

Sep 11, 2014
Maidstone, KENT
$597!!! And I thought £136.99 was a lot!

Don't mind the extra weight as durability is my primary concern so leaning toward the Lowas. How do Lowa owners find the sizing? I am a U.K. 10 in normal shoes do I need to go up half a size with the Lowas like AltBerg?

I'm a UK 11.
My Lowa are 11's & my Altbergs 12's.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE