leather sheath for stu barker hunter.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I was asked by stu to make him a leather sheath for a knife that he has made, he wanted this in saddle tan, and to have white stitching to complement the handle, he also wanted a removeable dangler, so this is what i made him.
hope you like it.

001 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

002 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

003 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

006 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

008 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

stu barker hunter, and the sheath that i have made. by lucky_lee, on Flickr

012 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucky_lee/6857491490/

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Here is a really daft question gents so forgive me, but what exactly holds the knife in the sheath??
I understand the sheaths I have seen with the popper things on the handle but these sort im not really sure?
Looks like some sort of friction fit but I no nothing about knifes or sheaths for that matter lol
Cheers
Steve

sent by pigeon mail from my tree house

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Here is a really daft question gents so forgive me, but what exactly holds the knife in the sheath??
I understand the sheaths I have seen with the popper things on the handle but these sort im not really sure?
Looks like some sort of friction fit but I no nothing about knifes or sheaths for that matter lol
Cheers
Steve

sent by pigeon mail from my tree house
Its exactly that bud, friction mate.
hope that helps.
take care.
lee.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's friction fit, but the sheath is moulded around the knife too. That means that it fits securely without scratching or marking the knife or handle scales :D

cheers,
Toddy

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Well thats one sheath that has an improved fit but it cant really be used as a generalisation, can it?

Nah, no generalisation here. Spent three years with a Browning pressed into my hip with a Ken Null holster. Improved fit and aquisition time with use no end. So much so that I used that holster during competition for a good ten years after. Been using a deep sheath knife like this for at least 20 years now and they always improve with use and age as the leather shrinks and forms to the knife and the way you access it. The same thing is true with boots. The more you wear them, the better they conform to your foot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE