leather sheath for my 1000 post give away

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I have finnally got round to do the sheath for my 1000 post give away.
after he had won, he asked me to do the sheath in my medium brown colour that i came up with after mixing lots of different dye's till i was happy with the colour, so that i had my own unique colour.
he wanted stitching to match the colour of the the sheath, as he love4s wolves i also asked him, if he wanted a wolf putting on the front, so i done that for him.
the knife was donated by barn owl, thanky you barn owl, it has a bit of a patina, when it arrived, so i also took the knife to the shop, and gave it a mirror finish for me winner.
hope you like it.

leather sheath for mora companion, in my own medium brown. by lucky_lee, on Flickr

004 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

002 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

003 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

005 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

006 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

007 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Well Lee,, your 1000th post give away winner is overjoyed, that is a stunning sheath.............. thanks for taking the time to make it & for giving the knife a make over :)

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Well guys It's here & what a beaut. I know it deserves a thread of it's own but I thought better to talk about here for the sake of continuity........
I couldn't better Lee's photos even if I knew how to upload them.:eek:

Photogenic as it is, nothing compares to having it in your hands, feeling it, smelling it:).. a beautiful object in it's own right. Superbly made, I can't see how it could be better, & well designed, no chance of the knife popping up or falling out. Love the colour too, a rich, smooth warm brown......good enough to eat:D this baby is going to age beautifully & will probably last a life time, which is great 'cause now I've decided to live to a hundred to make the most of it. I shall cherish & use this sheath which to me is the best way to honor a craftsman's work.
Lee also gave the knife the once over & it's like new, an act above & beyond the call of duty :)

So a very big thanyou to you Lee for taking care of everything, you're a wonderful chap & an outstanding craftsman.
I would also like to thank Barn Owl for offering the knife & sending it to Lee so he could custom fit the sheath.........thankyou Tam...

Hope I haven't taken too much of your time dear readers but I thought it deserved a few words.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE