Leather scources

Go to the local charity shops, I have made many pouches etc from leather coats, tell them what you are doing and they may have stuff thats "past its best" you can get very cheap, hi top pull on boots often have good leather for knife sheaths. check out 1960's hippy style leather hand bags, they are often made with thick leather.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
for your belts just shop around for veg tanned, pre cut belt straps, to start with. Usually the killing point with these is the postage, as indeed it is, with any mail order:rolleyes:

for sheaths, old rigger boots might be worth trying, at least at first.

Pouches; yes, go "truffle hunting" round the charity shops for old jackets etc and try the sofa stores,too ( ring these up first;))

I'd normally automatically recommend LePrevo, I've got a really good working relationship with the lads there and its more or less on the doorstep ( though I still don't get a discount!:bluThinki)

however; for new starters, "dabbling" there are cheaper sources of basic materials for getting started.

Once you are up and away, Leprevo are really very good indeed.

Don't waste money buying from Tandy, they are shockingly expensive for most items and ebay,is often worse! shop right around before committing to buy and always check back to Leprevo for a good guide on what you should be paying. ( don't forget to add the vat with leprevo's prices!)

hope this helps, feel free to contact me via pm,for advice, I'll be glad to help if I can:)

best wishes

R.B.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
if you have a shop near you that sells leather coats and leather handbags or things of that nature, try them, i got lucky, as i approached a very respected leather outlet, and he sent me to the factory where all the leather comes from, for all the stuff that is made, and they sort me out now, for what ever i need, and at very reasonable prices, sometimes it pays to shop around, i agree with some of the other lads, tandy are very expensive, and if you are just starting out, and you use say leprevo, make sure you add the vat, i think with leather it is allways better if you are buying in big quantities, you really need to look it over before you buy, it is much better if you can look at it first, as if you just order on line, you are not sure of the quality untill it arrives.
hope that helps mate.
lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE