Leather Stamps - Decorative

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Where do the forum Leather workers get their decorative leather stamps from?

I have found an Etsy shop but wondered if there maybe other more inexpensive sources.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
+1 for Le Prevo. Identity Leathercraft also do a load.
I had them make up a load of bespoke ones for my motifs - you pay for a sheet that can contain a number of designs that you then have to cut up yourself. I use them with a press or, if I'm just using it once, with a G clamp.

This is the badger head I use on my leatherwork (on quiver no2)

badger stamp.jpg

Reactions: Toddy and TeeDee
Dec 29, 2022
East Suffolk
Occasionaly you can find a decent second hand selection on ebay auctions. Sometimes job lots come up.

Also, these places sell the standard border/decorative stamps.
https://tandyleather.eu/en-gb/collections/border-stamps
https://identityleathercraft.com/collections/embossing-carving

When I first started tooling leather, before I could afford any proper stamps, I'd just use whatever was around. Old manicure set, carved wooden pegs, bolt heads and other bits of hardware. Not ideal but there are always some interesting results when you have to go down those roads.

Anything specific you're after?

Reactions: Toddy and TeeDee

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Wet the leather, use an Indian wooden block printers stamp clamped in a vice but use wooden soft jaws to avoid getting the knurled vice jaw pattern on the leather.

Dead cheap and loads of patterns and sizes.

Reactions: Broch

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I see there is a very nice maker of tool stamps on Etsy - based in Bulgaria I think - ships to the UK. Very decorative.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE