Leather Pouches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 24, 2008
Weston Super Mare
Hi all

I have seen recently at the UK Knife show lether draw string bags for sale for £20 each. I thought I would show you some that I have made for free.

P1020142.jpg

P1020143-1.jpg

The reason they were free was I went into my local furniture shop and asked for the old leather samples books. I then had 30 leather swatches in various colours. The bag on show is 2 sewn together. If you so then so the back faces out the colour difference is not so great. I have now made several in variuous sizes for different stuff. THe bag in the photo is my food bag and contains a bag of hot chocolate, 2 bags of bannack powder already blended, a bag of raisins, a cup a soup, extra sugar in sachets, salt in sachets, oxo/bovril cubes, and a bag of mixed and blended spices.

Hope that helps or inspires some of you.

Sean

Very neat, and what a cracking idea for getting materials.

One word of warning, I recently read an article in the paper about people getting chemical burns from leather sofas - I think they were from Land of Leather imported from China - something to do with a toxic fungicide used to prevent mould.

I'm sure you'll be fine but just thought I'd mention it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE