Leather Pouches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Welsh Bushcrafter Leather Pouches.

Although these pouches are made less than a dozen miles from where legend has it that the last dragon in Wales was killed there is no truth in the tale that they are made from BRIMSTONE TANNED DRAGON HIDE.
In fact they are made from recycled, garment quality, leathers of various grades and finishes, by an under-employed Bushcrafter of a British ethnic origin, in a workroom almost in view of where King Arthurs sons are said to have died during the hunt of the Great Black Boar.
The purchase price of the leather goes directly to charity.

The Welsh Bushcrafter Leather Pouches are available in sizes
Standard - 2.5 x 2.5 x 8 inches
Medium - 3 x 3 x 10 inches
Large - 3.5 x 3.5 x 10 inches
Extra Large - 4 x 4 x 12 inches
All measrements approximate. Colours vary and include various shades of brown, tan and black with the odd red and blue etc thrown in for variety. Unless you ask for specific colours - and I have them available - a selection of shades will be provided to aid you in recognising which pouch holds what in your kit!

All seams are, at least, double (machine) sewn and have square(ish) bases for stability.

The pouches are ideal for storing and carrying a variety of items from char-cloth to bannock mix, though resealable poly-bag liners are recommended for food use.

Available in sets of three - S,M,L - at £10.00 Sets of four - S,M,L,XL - at £12.00 or individually at £3.50 each. Prices include postage.
There are more Standard sized pouches available than other sizes so if you want big ones get your orders in quick! Payment by cheque or postal order please.
PM me for furthur details and availability. I can also discuss making items to your personal specs.
Pictures coming soon - I hope!
John
Fenna Pouches.jpg

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
I was looking on evilbay at leather pouches the other day but object to the buy it now price. Would like to see some photo's, definately interestd in a small, med and large in brown/tan colour.

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
I bought some of these from John at the recent south wales meet, they're good value for money, you won't find them for this price anywhere else, even Evilbay!

The small ones are good for Bannock ingredients (with a small plastic zip bag) and then stuff the smaller ones into one of the large bags! job done.

I'm well pleased with mine, go on you know it makes sense. :)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
queeg9000 said:
I bought some of these from John at the recent south wales meet, they're good value for money, you won't find them for this price anywhere else, even Evilbay!

The small ones are good for Bannock ingredients (with a small plastic zip bag) and then stuff the smaller ones into one of the large bags! job done.

I'm well pleased with mine, go on you know it makes sense. :)

I was wondering if they were the same mate.
I will back queeg9000 up on this I saw them and would have bought some but had no dosh at the time. Take it from me John is a genuine guy and his DIY gear is top notch!:)

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Trust me they are quality pouches. When i brought an RM book from John he gave me a small black leather pouch with it for nothing and it is really nice and quality.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hey!
Thanks for all the kind words folks - I am sitting here blushing scarlet!
The pouches are basically the same as the ones I had at Gellie but now made to "standard sizes", all with flat bases instead of "tear-drop" edge-sewn design. This takes more leather and sewing but for a better result. Having said this some "tear-drop" pouches may become available in the future....
As to the photos - my steam driven Babbidge machine (early computer...) will not cope with uploading photos but I will be seeing "a man who can" today so hopefully photos will be visible soon....
John

3Please

Forager
Jan 3, 2007
London
Hi John

Cheque is in the post. Really looking forward to getting them. If you get no joy with the photo's, I will post photo's of the ones you send me.

Adam

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I would be up for some of these as my wife assures me you can never have enough leather bags :rolleyes: :D . Will wait for the pictures so I can get some idea of sizes I will need :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
These are selling fast!
Get your orders in soon or face a delay while I get more leather, cut it and sew more pouches....
John

T

Timon

Hi all, just a quick note to let you all know that the pouch image is now available on John original post.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Cheers Timon!
Update time!
XL - sold out until I make some more
L - now also sold out!
M - some left
S - Lots still!

I may get time to make some more next week - if I am lucky - but remember - IF I SELL MORE THAN SEVEN UNITS IN A MONTH I EXCEED MY "MAKERS" LIMIT! I just hope that Tony accepts a set of pouches as a unit or I have realy blown it already!
The orders so far exceed my wildest expectations and I am afraid that I just did not build up enough stock before anouncing the availability of the pouches.
Those who have already ordered pouches will get them, though not perhaps their first choice of colours - hey! the Pink(antique madder) IS nice! - brown is a lot more popular in pouches than it is available in recycled leather! Black is more common and VERY tasteful, Fawn is a classic and Buff is, well buff......

3Please

Forager
Jan 3, 2007
London
Received my pouches today, even better than expected! :You_Rock_

Hope I can get to use these very soon!

Thanks John! :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Up date time again!
All I now have left from my original run are 1 blue/grey (goatskin?) and 2 fawn (pigskin?) leather pouches size S 2.5x2.5x8 inches all at £3.50 each.

I do have a selection of other pouches in "non standard" sizes - mainly two pieces sewn without a "box" bottom but curved - an elongated capital D shape if you will - with the opening on the flat side if that makes sence... colours vart - various browns, fawns and BLACK.
If folk want to gamble on it I can make up a couple of sets roughly equivalent to XS, S and M sizes at £10.00 per set - first come first served!

I will be sourcing more leather next week but the sales are over and the leather is likely to be a lot more expensive so my prices will probably take a huge leap as well - tho I will try to keep it reasonable!

The purchase price of the leather will still go to charity.

Remember that according to the rules for makers I can only sell a limmitted number of sets of pouches per month....

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE