Leather Possibles Bags and Whangies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
a whangie is a hybrid haggis-poor eating , shoddy pelt and fit only for random acts of cruelty.we dont talk about them much.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I make sporrans like some of those. Anyone want a pattern? Taken from a sporran worn at Culloden. It makes a really good pouch, and it explains why there are those three wee dangly bits on the front of sporrans.

A whang is a slice, a leather strap.....The Whangie is a hill..... :?:

There are excellent sporrans on this site too
http://www.caledoniancreations.co.uk

Toddy

Last edited:

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
Surely a sporran is no more than a Highland possibles pouch with a bit more decoration?

Indeed, some "traditional" Highland kit is probably well-suited to bushcraft as long as you have your skean dhu (spelling?) down your sock for any whittling jobs.

That said, you won't catch me wearing a kilt anytime soon in the woods. If I remember correctly, there are at least fourteen MacDonald tartans and I wouldn't know which one to wear for the occasion.... :Crazy_071

Best wishes

Bruce

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Okay, found the pattern, but it runs to six pages of A4 and that's without photos. :11doh:

Help!!??
What's the best way to post this?

Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Can I get some advice on posting patterns please? The pattern and instructions for the sporran runs to 6 pages of A4 plus some photos. The pattern for the woollen shirt is on one page A4. The patterns are handwritten with diagrams. I can scan or take a photo with a digital camera but how best to post??? :?:

Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This isn't working :roll: .....the individual files add up to 29MB, and the zip file is still 14.1MB. I'll contact Kath or Adi and seeif they can suggest something. :?:

Toddy

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I like the Larch with Whangie !!
larch_brown_x.jpg

:naughty:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE