leather pancake sheath

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was asked by a member on bb to make a leather sheath, in the style of the chris reeve type paqncake sheath, he wanted it in tan, and he wanted a paw print on it, and white stitching.
so this is what i made him.
hope you like it, its my first time at this type of sheath, and enjoyed making it.

001 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

002 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

008 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

014 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

005 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

011 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

004 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments welcome.
take care.
lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
nice work again.

is there a purpose for that shape of sheath,like comfort? Or is it a cosmetic thing?
i'm not sure bud, i just made what he asked lol, i think its a bit of both to ne honest mate.
it is comfy when worn, if that helps mate.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
looks great Lee! very clean!! Iv never seen this style sheath for a fixed blade, i Imagen its quite restricting with not much movement. Which is what some people want!

Good job Anyway mate, love the dye tone too..

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
looks great Lee! very clean!! Iv never seen this style sheath for a fixed blade, i Imagen its quite restricting with not much movement. Which is what some people want!

Good job Anyway mate, love the dye tone too..
you got it mate, i think that, why people like it, they do a lot of these type sheaths for folders to.
and angle them to how you would like to deploy it, they are very popular in the states, the original design was taken from gun holsters i think, and then adapted to carry knives.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
That looks so sweet mate, great work as usual thing of a new design for a sheath for you if no one has come up with it, planning it on paper first then going to do a model of it before putting it to you :)
no worries looking forward to what to see what you have come up with mate.
intrigued.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I've seen this type of sheath before but I never knew they were called "pancake" so I've learnt something.....stunning work as usual....& the dog/wolf paw print adds a lot to it....................did you have the stamp or did you have to order it ?

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice work as always Lee. Posted in the wrong section though? Stitching is spot on and the colour is fantastic. Great stuff, thanks for sharing!

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I've seen this type of sheath before but I never knew they were called "pancake" so I've learnt something.....stunning work as usual....& the dog/wolf paw print adds a lot to it....................did you have the stamp or did you have to order it ?
i already had the stamp mate, but when a customer wants something on there sheath 9 times out of ten i will order it, and not add the cost, beacuse somewhere down the line, another customer tends to want that stamp.
and i just can't help me self, any reason to buy more tools lol.
take care.
lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE