Leather Lovers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Well, this part of the forum seems to get fairly few viewings, so I thought I'd try to entice people in...

Does anyone know of a good supplier for leather in the UK? I was spoilt for choice in America but don't know where to turn here. In particular I'm looking for deer leather (presumably finding braintan buckskin is asking a bit much, same for moose hide) and other leather suitable for making moccasins and ditty bags.

Matt

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2003
http://www.leprevo.co.uk

I'm not a leather afficionado, but in my search for knife sheath leather I bookmarked this place - I've never used it, but as I recall its about £28? for a full 3mm thick hide, or thereabouts - might be some use...

:)

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
I did meet a bloke at the gathering who runs a business brain-tanning deerskin.... :-D Can't remember his name or where he came from. :-( I do remember that he sold most of his product to re-enactors and to the states. He did say he was at the gathering to make some contacts so that's maybe a starting point for you. :-?

Andy might remember more...Sargey?

Justin

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i've got the braintanning guy's card, at work sadly. he has a website i believe. and the hand treated braintanned skins are about 80 quid a hide. exquisite stuff mind.

cheers, and.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE