Leather carvings

Today I tried leather carving for the first time, I thought it was about time i learned how to do leather work so I went to see a man who can and he gave me a few pointers, this is the result , I did both carvings using a swivel knife and a few stamps to press down the leather where it needed to be pressed and these are the results , hope you like them :)
DSCF1513.jpg

DSCF1512.jpg

DSCF1511.jpg

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Absolutely brilliant for a first attempt...you've inspired me to get up off my butt and have a bash now. Cheers for showing us your work...I'd love to know how you did that. I guess that I'll have to find somebody in the know who can give me a few pointers. ;)

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
john they are fantastic mate, i have just ordered some stamps and i'm planning on having a go myself, already got a swivel knife, if mine come out half as good i'll be very chuffed!! :You_Rock_

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Very nice mate, I will have to have a butchers at those.

All the best.

thanks guys glad you like em , i was rather pleased with how they came out , like everything its about having the right tools , the swiv knife makes a huge difference , I think I used only 2 or might be 3 stamp and the knife for both those , I did a couple of buckles last night as well , one with a bear and one with a humming bird and flower , it seems I have the bug now , I just hate having to sew the stuff together LOL

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE