Leather Belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Andrew Middleton said:
TK Max. Might not be "bushcraft", but I've got some excellent belts there for £10. Most of my craghopper stuff comes from there too.

You can get craghopper stuff there? cool! I like their stuf.

leon-1

Everyone is pretty much right about this, but here is my take on it go to Le Prevo and buy a saddlery strap @ £7.43 and a buckle at around £2, the thread will cost next to nothing (you don't need an awl use a nail) and make your own.

You will get a perfectly usable belt for less than £10, I did pretty much the same, I will post pictures if you wish:)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
leon-1 said:
Everyone is pretty much right about this, but here is my take on it go to Le Prevo and buy a saddlery strap @ £7.43 and a buckle at around £2, the thread will cost next to nothing (you don't need an awl use a nail) and make your own.

You will get a perfectly usable belt for less than £10, I did pretty much the same, I will post pictures if you wish:)

I wish ;)

I have a belt blank at home waiting to be used so all pics welcome.

I agree that you don't need an awl... I have drilled the holes before and used 2 sewing needles but for the 3 quid it cost me, it's brilliant :)

leon-1

Squidders said:
I wish ;)

I have a belt blank at home waiting to be used so all pics welcome.

I agree that you don't need an awl... I have drilled the holes before and used 2 sewing needles but for the 3 quid it cost me, it's brilliant :)

Okay guys I have a strap about here somewhere and since I am writing other bits at the moment anyway I'll knock together a quick tutorial that can be put up in the next couple of days, it won't be anything fancy, just a straighforward functional belt.

Here's my normal belt that I use
belt6ly.jpg

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Consider one of these: http://www.holsters.org/belts.htm

I little thicker than most but you could dangle Ray Mears over a bridge from one and it wouldn't break in a 100 years! I purchased two in 1984 from a trade stand at Camp Bisley. They are the Woodchuck's nuts!

The "hip curve " does make a difference and is not a gimmick - just look at the contour assumed by most belts after a few weeks of use.

Cheers

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
B&Q do a nice light tan leather belt designed for carrying tool pouches for around eight quid. I have one and it does the job well. Nothing fancy though, just a plain buckle and leather belt.

Eric

leon-1

That's fair Eric, good old principle of KISS.

Klenchblaize, they are lovely belts that you have linked to, but I am not sure that I could justify spending £80 to hold up jeans that cost £40 that are going a bit ragged because I have worn them to death.

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
leon-1 said:
Okay guys I have a strap about here somewhere and since I am writing other bits at the moment anyway I'll knock together a quick tutorial that can be put up in the next couple of days, it won't be anything fancy, just a straighforward functional belt.

Here's my normal belt that I use
belt6ly.jpg

If that belt has been used, then I'm a Dutchman.

Burnt Ash

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
leon-1 said:
Klenchblaize, they are lovely belts that you have linked to, but I am not sure that I could justify spending £80 to hold up jeans that cost £40 that are going a bit ragged because I have worn them to death.

Can't argue with that logic other than to say I know a few people who spend more on a ri-le scope than they do their r-fle. Guess I really only posted the link to demonstrate you needn't only shop at Woodlore to get the finest of kit! Price Western Leather were once another good UK manufacturer but their range of belt styles has shrunk by about 90% since the handg-n ban.

Cheers

leon-1

Klenchblaize said:
Can't argue with that logic other than to say I know a few people who spend more on a ri-le scope than they do their r-fle. Guess I really only posted the link to demonstrate you needn't only shop at Woodlore to get the finest of kit! Price Western Leather were once another good UK manufacturer but their range of belt styles has shrunk by about 90% since the handg-n ban.

Cheers

I can appreciate your point of view about the belts and whilst I was employed I would of probably gone and bought one, but now I have to think of other things.

I can appreciate the point about a scope as well and those people would argue what cost are eyes nowadays, the less you have to strain them the longer they last.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i also have a tool belt from b&q. it's very strong nice and wide, and a decent thickness.
makes an exellent strop too.
£8
bargain.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE