leaky Trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Am I the only one that has a trangia that leaks? My swedish army one is fine, but my civvy one has always leaked slowly from the join between the upper and lower sections, around the bottom edge of the lip. A very small amount only, but enough to wet the inside of the bag I keep it in after a day or two.
I've tried putting a thin bead of superglue around it (once it was emptied and dried), but I don't think it's alcohol-proof; came off after a couple days.
Anyone else experienced this problem or got suggestions about what I could use to seal it?

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Send it back to trangia and hope the warranty covers it. I think they will either replace it or fix it. They are a small family company with a good sense of customer relations.

Otherwise 'chemical metal' (two component clay, that turns into metal) fixes most things.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE