Leaking meths from a Tatonka burner?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

a12jpm

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 15, 2008
Perthshire
If it's anything like the trianga just replace the rubber o ring inside the cap. That should tighten the seal back up again.

a12jpm

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 15, 2008
Perthshire
I made the mistake of putting the cap back on when it was still warm and it melted the o ring a bit. Had to replace the ring after that to get a tight seal.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
When using the cap to extinguish the burner put it on upsidedown,then remove it til the burner cools.This way you dont burn the seal and cause it to leak.

Gailainne

Life Member
Or just extinguish with a closed simmer ring - which doesn't have an O ring!

Thats the way to do it ! (BTW who said that originally, squeaky thing <shrug>)

The Tatonka is a wonderful piece of kit, however it does like to be modycoddled, empty it, take it apart, especially check the o-ring, put it back together, check you have the threads sorted. If all else fails a zip lock bag works wonders, make sure to empty it first :rolleyes:

Stephen

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
I've swapped PM's with Lurch on this; he wasn't aware and is checking up with Tatonka.

O Ring is in perfect nick; this is some other problem if it isn't just me. The stove is so great though that even if it can't be sorted, I'll just either empty the stove after use or resort to the bag method! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE