Lavvu' stoves at Shell Island

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SMOKOE

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
Has anybody used their Lavvu with the stove on Shell Island ?

I know there is a smoke tolerance rule , but if thats the only issue it shouldn't be a problem at this time of year hopefully.

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
ive never do that mate but if you are going to shell island, pack a tea tray, the sand dunes there if my childhood memories have not exaggerated there size are a lot of fun, plent of crabs to be had too, good spot for winkles and marsh samphire to, especially along the causeway, dont know if you know all this already, but if you do im sure you will agree its a loverly spot of the country.

SMOKOE

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
Hi Lofthouse thanks for the info BBQ'd crab sounds good.

I've never been before. Hoping to go next weekend as it's their last for this year and fancied giving the new Lavvu and stove a try.

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
i used to go camping there as a teenager, theres plenty of good fishing to be had too, if its your thing.
As far as free food to use on your stove its a bit of a bushcrafters paradise, and unless its changed since then the beach and water was as clean and abundant with treats for the pot as anywhere, im just jealous im not tagging along.
the campsite is huge, there was a decent working mens style clubhouse too, i cant remember where but i seem to recall a walk in the hills what hills and where beats me, seem to recall a castle not too far away too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE