Latest Whittles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Few of the bits i've produced of late, mainly carved with a TBS Boar folder and SAK Farmer from Hazel sticks

Harpoons

20191006_094658 by Mark Emery, on Flickr

20191016_100733 by Mark Emery, on Flickr

20191020_100910 by Mark Emery, on Flickr

Fishing plugs

20191007_104139 by Mark Emery, on Flickr

Whipped hook

20191011_104154 by Mark Emery, on Flickr

Permanent Pot Hanger

20191011_095957 by Mark Emery, on Flickr

Traditional Mustard Spoon (as detailed in the Green Woodworking Pattern Book)

20191013_151430 by Mark Emery, on Flickr

Mushrooms

20191020_101059 by Mark Emery, on Flickr

20191023_095515 by Mark Emery, on Flickr

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice work as usual. I really like the harpoons.

Cheers Wayne, I'm a bit addicted to making them at present, just waiting for this weekend's roast dinner so I can grab the bone and make a couple more from it.

Reactions: zornt

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
If you put them on the grass verge what preservative would you use?

Nothing at all, the locals are used to me planting things out there for the kids to find, mainly gypsy flowers & mushrooms, mostly the kids get them (big and small) sometimes the Council mowers get them, best one i ever had was up at the lakes, i made a load of Gypsy flowers and left them in strategic places at path junctions and the like, one of the guys who fishes up there got all excited as he thought he had found a new species for the area, then he found they were made of wood and immediately knew who the culprit was :D

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Nothing at all, the locals are used to me planting things out there for the kids to find, mainly gypsy flowers & mushrooms, mostly the kids get them (big and small) sometimes the Council mowers get them, best one i ever had was up at the lakes, i made a load of Gypsy flowers and left them in strategic places at path junctions and the like, one of the guys who fishes up there got all excited as he thought he had found a new species for the area, then he found they were made of wood and immediately knew who the culprit was :D
Well I never! I've seen something like that in the lakes. I now need to catch you planting them. Good to put a face to talent especially talented carvers like you.

Btw if a kid (young or old) finds a shroom planted in the lakes by you, would you object to a bit of pilfering or relocation?

There's a community space at the entrance to our road. A lady decorated it and it's been made nice for communal use. There's some carving there bought by someone and fairy doors on trees. Mushrooms feature too. I think it would be nice to put your mushrooms there hidden away for kids to find. That's assuming I ever find another one.

Btw do you do commissions? I have an idea I want to give something to the green space.

Reactions: zornt

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
People liked the mushrooms most you say, for me it's the harpoon, fishing plugs, hooks and pot holders.

Reactions: Kepis

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Well I never! I've seen something like that in the lakes. I now need to catch you planting them. Good to put a face to talent especially talented carvers like you.

Btw if a kid (young or old) finds a shroom planted in the lakes by you, would you object to a bit of pilfering or relocation?

There's a community space at the entrance to our road. A lady decorated it and it's been made nice for communal use. There's some carving there bought by someone and fairy doors on trees. Mushrooms feature too. I think it would be nice to put your mushrooms there hidden away for kids to find. That's assuming I ever find another one.

Btw do you do commissions? I have an idea I want to give something to the green space.

The main reason i put them out front is for people to take, i get the pleasure of making them and if someone else gets the pleasure of relocating something to their garden or a different space then that's fine by me, if you can make one person smile each day, its been a good day..

Yup, i take commissions but im very choosy on what i do as i don't like beholding to people if that makes sense, im much happier just making things to either sell or just give away

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE