Latest Project finished (not leather)

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,

I brought me a new pair of RM Williams boots and a catalogue came with the boots. Having a look through catalogue i liked the look of a oilskin vest , well no way was i paying that money for it .
So me being me i looked at the pic and started to think about it. Well off to a little shop and as luck had it the guy had a roll of brown oilskin cloth at £5 per meter so i got me some and the brown cotton liner to go inside .

I used my wool blanket & ventile body warmer that i made up as a pattern for the body , then looking at a pic i started to make up the pockets and the rest of the bits to go on the vest. On my vest i added a chest pocket (first time i did a pocket like this) and the zip dose not go to the top like in the RM one.
This is the first time i have put a lining into something, and i painted myseft into a corner, but i got over that .
Well this is the outcome.

This is the pic i started with.
60a29abb0a8664be.jpg

img1797u.jpg

img1798b.jpg

img1800a.jpg

All coments welcome
Thank you for looking

Cheers Topknot

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Wow mate that's great!! - if you hadn't said it wasn't leather I would have guessed it was!

Is there nothing you can't turn your hand to!?

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
;) Well done. I'll have a go at making most things (made my own leather chaps) but this is a brilliant job and just looking at it makes me cring with the skills you need to know. Brilliant bit of kit:35:

Biker

Mr Topknot.
Acting on behalf of our client RM Williams & Sons it has come to their attention that certain copies have been made of their product range. We would also advise you that the catalogue should not be considered as a pattern makers, handyman's DIY manaul or some sort of personal challenge to you to improve on something seen within the pages.

Therefore in order to compensate our clients we would appreciate it that this very, VERY impressive copy be sent to me, to be (eventually) forwarded onto Messr's RM Williams and sons for reverse engineering.

Thank you for your consideration of this correspondance.

If it fits a 40 inch chest it might take a loooong while till it's forwarded onto RM Williams.

goodjob It looks factory made and not in a slip shod way either. Do not cease and desist.

Last edited:

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Wow mate that's great!! - if you hadn't said it wasn't leather I would have guessed it was

Is there nothing you can't turn your hand to!?

Yes, there are something i can't turn my hand or brain to. One is wall papering .

bloody hell thats good !!

You taking orders ?
Sorry mate this is one bespoke vest .

Mr Topknot.
Acting on behalf of our client RM Williams & Sons it has come to their attention that certain copies have been made of their product range. We would also advise you that the catalogue should not be considered as a pattern makers, handyman's DIY manaul or some sort of personal challenge to you to improve on something seen within the pages.

Therefore in order to compensate our clients we would appreciate it that this very, VERY impressive copy be sent to me, to be (eventually) forwarded onto Messr's RM Williams and sons for reverse engineering.

Thank you for your consideration of this correspondance.

If it fits a 40 inch chest it might take a loooong while till it's forwarded onto RM Williams.

goodjob It looks factory made and not in a slip shod way either. Do not cease and desist.

I'm just following in RM foot steps , A man who had tried.

Jesus topknot that is pro buddy,you maybe need to look into a new line of work.
Thank you mate, but i'll stick to my day job.

Thank you for the good comments.

Cheers Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE