Latest Lidl Bargain

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Lidl have folding pruning saws in at the moment... They are £2.99 and are exactly the same as the pic below but in yellow n black (so you don't lose it in the grass)

130958_4.jpg

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I was in Lidl today and had a look at them. Not bad for the price but the blade seemed mighty flimsy. I wouldn't like to rely on it in a wilderness situation.

Eric

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
yeah Lidl has it's moments like the 4 LED head torches i bought for £3 each.
Infact i missed a bargain the other day. they were doing big tubes of different sized plasicufs, realy useful for allsorts. The great thibg about them is hey are cheap and as such good at providing practise items or short to mid term solutions.

thanks for the heads up, i may go and have a look at that tape.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Eric_Methven said:
I was in Lidl today and had a look at them. Not bad for the price but the blade seemed mighty flimsy. I wouldn't like to rely on it in a wilderness situation.

Eric

I agree. Have used one the blades are a bit on the bendy side and the a bit short for my liking, but cheap n cheerful I suppose.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Eric_Methven said:

Eric

I've never seen a quality folding saw like a laplander. Are they really So much better that the cheap ones?

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
bought one of these saws last year - it does for me. I used it at the weekend to saw up a green Ash trunk about 6" dia took me a bit of time but when I was finished I didn't need to put it on the fire for about 2 hours as the effort kept me nice and toasty.

There fine for most of the timber I cut and at 3 quid you can't go wrong - would love a laplander saw though - Christmas list me thinks.

Cheers

JFW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE