latest friction folder "pocket bushcrafter"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
finished this recently, another "pocket bushcrafter", 3" blade in 3mm o1. this time with brass liners and olive canvas micarta
i had to have the screwdriver as its something i use every day

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
Ok, that's very nice, I like the screwdriver, and especially the bottle opener, that I would use everyday!

Now what would a guy charge for one of those...

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
thanks for the kind words. it is a handful/chunky knife but meant to be so with a full handle. i wanted the closest thing to my full size bushcraft knife that could be carried on day trips without legal concern.
they are a little fiddly to make to get the action true and smooth with the right amount of friction, the main area of attention is the pivot hole, stop pin and the fit of the scales, im using ptfe washers that need very little lubrication but allow a tight but smooth pull... the closest thing i can relate it too is the feel of the focus control on a good quality set of binoculars... if that makes sense?

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I wants the precioussss!

Seriously cool design, please keep us informed about these, I think you're really on to a winner!

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
I wants the precioussss!

Seriously cool design, please keep us informed about these, I think you're really on to a winner!

thanks, i am making more but a little inundated with orders for them at the moment. price depends on materials i can pm prices if i can work out who i allready replied to? had quite a lot of messaged via emial and other forums. waiting list at the moment is several weeks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE