Last One Of 2012

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
The last spoon of the year, well i suppose it's more of a cross between a spoon and a small ladle in reality, still, it's the last spoon i shall carve in 2012.

DSCN1431.jpg

The spoon is made from some Beech that i collected a few weeks back and at the moment is just rough carved, the cranked section between the handle and bowl was carved from a natural bend in the branch, although, it wasn't quite as acute as it is now thanks to some axe work that removed a fair amount of wood from the front and rear of the spoon, all of the rough shaping was done with my recently reconditioned axe that i wrote about on my blog.

The spoon is now drying off, as the wood was so wet you could see the moisture pool in front of the knife blade as I cut through the timber, when it's dry, i shall get it finished off properly with a nice refined tooled finish, i might if the mood takes me, add some chip or other decorative carving to the spoon as well.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
really nice work Kepis, great angle on the crank. Nice piece on the axe in your blog too. Cheers for sharing

Cheers mate, the axe was a fun project, Im looking forward to my next axe restoration, a big old Ellwell felling axe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE