Large Leather Bushcraft Tool Roll!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Several months ago I was contacted by one of our very own members, and asked if I could make a tool roll large enough to accommodate an axe, saw, knife, and some sharpening stones. It sounded such an interesting project I just had to take it on :) Over the course of time we sent designs back and forth, and I was sent the dimensions of all the tools rather than having them sent to me. It's just over half a meter long and fits a nice assortment of bushcrafting tools :) Here is what we came up with in the end:

HalfGoat Leather Tool Roll 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Leather Tool Roll 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Leather Tool Roll 4 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Leather Tool Roll 8 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Leather Tool Roll 5 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Leather Tool Roll 6 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Leather Tool Roll 7 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

And this morning I was sent some pictures with all the tools sat nicely inside, great to see a project come together! :)

photo 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

photo 4 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures. It was a real pleasure making this, and I learned a lot about making it :)

Meanwhile here are just a couple of wee bits and bobs i've been working on in between other large orders:

Viking Birka pouches
HalfGoat Birka Pouches by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Loki Wallet
HalfGoat Loki Wallet 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Pictish Bear wallet
HalfGoat Pictish Bear Wallet 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Garden shears sheaths
HalfGoat Shears Sheaths by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Rock climbing chalk pouch
HalfGoat Chalk Pouch 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

This is a plaque hand carved for our norwegian friends with their business logo the skolopender
HalfGoat Skolopender by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Thanks for taking the time to have a peak,
Hamish

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Saw your tool roll elsewhere and was blown away.
Puts me in mind of something that Allan Quatermain would've visited a small exclusive shop near Hackettes of London to purchase before heading off to the darkest corner of the Empire to put things right.
Beautiful work mate, really is a pleasure getting to see it. All the pieces on show have got me salivating.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Very nice tool roll. Hope the owner finds it satisfying to roll out to do a bit of dismemberment ;)

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
I was sorry to see it go I must say! :)

That's the downside of making bespoke items for people, sometimes you put so much of yourself into it, it is hard to let go. The olive rocker I made remains so.
The huge upside is that what you make will give pleasure to the owner for many years to come, especially when they are the high quality products you craft.

Rob.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
That's the downside of making bespoke items for people, sometimes you put so much of yourself into it, it is hard to let go. The olive rocker I made remains so.
The huge upside is that what you make will give pleasure to the owner for many years to come, especially when they are the high quality products you craft.

Rob.

exactly mate, and the other upside is having the skills so that you can always make another one for yourself. Thing is, I just never get round to my personal projects soon enough! :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE