Large bushcraft/survival knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I am offering for sale a large Bushcraft/Survival knife.

The blade is 4 mm 01 tool steel, 5 1/2" long. The knife is 10 1/2" long. The handle is 5" long, made of a lovely, very dark reclaimed Mahogany, treated with Danish oil. The wood is epoxied to the full tang blade, after degreasing with acetone, with brass pins and lanyard tube.

The sheath is hand made using 3mm thick Veg Tan leather, dyed dark brown and polished with black shoe polish to give an antique finish.

This is a substancial and very strong, solid knife that will perform bushcraft/survival tasks easily.

SOLD. Thanks for looking :You_Rock_

DSCN0131.jpg

DSCN0129-1.jpg

Thank you for looking

DSCN0124.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thats unusual, looks like a very sturdy bit of kit you have there, unfortunately if I was to buy it my wife would probably use it on me, she just doesn't understand that some bits of kit, good knives especially cost a pretty penny!:rolleyes:

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
It's got all sort of influences in it!!
even this has some bearing on it
DSCN0132.jpg

This is a riveting bronze hammer. The handle is heavy as it is all bronze with two thin scales, just like a kinfe in fact.
If you hold it lightly at the point of balance and pivot it, the head goes down and the handle up, adding its weight to the blow, it works very well with the hammer, it's a lot less tiring using this than an ordinary ball peen hammer, particularly if you have a lot of riveting to do!
So I thought it may well work with the knife too. It makes it easier and less tiring on the wrist to chop wood, but you must hold it lightly, not grip the handle hard. Works well on soft wood, and although I have not tried yet it could be useful for carving, like an light axe but with a 5 1/2" blade.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I like the hammer more than the knife! Will you sell the hammer? I do a lot of riveting using copper roves and understand 'sore wrist syndrome'.
Cheers from Swyn.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
swyn said:
I like the hammer more than the knife! Will you sell the hammer? I do a lot of riveting using copper roves and understand 'sore wrist syndrome'.
Cheers from Swyn.
:eek: :eek:
I am afraid not! I love that hammer! I still use it quite a lot, whether it is on a boat or other copper riveting! ;)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Congratulations!

Jojo, how about editing your original post to say "Sold" too? Leave the price, but making it clear it has gone to a new home ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE