Laptop needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Can you describe 'burnt out' a bit more?

Most things like that are just the power supply, which is a cheap item and an absolute doddle to replace. If it's any help to you we can do some remote fault-finding and possibly fix it. No promises of course but it might save you some money. If it's something more serious than the power supply it might be a lot more difficult to fix over the Internet.

Laptops are more expensive for what you get, they're much more difficult and expensive to maintain and upgrade, they're less reliable and they have a habit of going walkabout (which is of course their main plus point -- the other one being their relatively low power consumption).

Good luck with it anyway. :)

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Yea if you don't need the mobility - avoid laptops.

There's a chance the PSU albso took out the board, so replace with a cheap PSU to test. If everything worse, imediately replace with a good Corsair/FSP model.

the elite

Jun 13, 2011
greenock
Thanks guys I think it's just the power supply its a old Dell pc that has been good to me for years
I bought of eBay meny years ago for 51 pounds ahhaha great bargain so I think it was the last straw for me looking for a laptop so I can take with me

Thanks alot anyway much abliged

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE