Laplander sheath and Heavy detachable danglies

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just thought I'd post a couple of pictures of a job I'm on with at the moment;

P7180011.jpg

The loop is extra long to allow the sheath to be worn very low and the danglies, are for a possibles pouch, so I beefed these up with a third press stud for extra security.

P7180012.jpg

It's done in 4.5mm heavy veg tan, as usual; hand sewn with artificial sinew, and I've used a few brass rivets for extra security.

Cheers
R.B.

rancid badger

Thanks fella's, I'm learning all the time and know I still have a long way to go but it's great to be trying new techniques like riveting for example; not as simple as it looks (well not for me it wasn't:11doh: )

Just a quick "fix" for John:
P1180008copyresized.jpg

Thanks again fella's
Steve:D

rancid badger

This is the last piece in the set; a dual purpose axe hanger. It had to be suitable for carrying either the S.F.A. or the Wildlife Hatchet:
4.5mm veg tan same as the rest of the set.
P7190026.jpg

it was bit of a puzzle to figure out how to cover both tools securely but I did my best!
P7190033.jpg

The loop is just big enough for the S.F.A. and of course ample for the hatchet, so the two position over strap holds everything nice and snug, It's made from colombo veg tan.
P7190027.jpg

The three female studs match the detachable loops made previously, so There is a bit of a theme with the set.
I also replaced the dangler on the sheath, at the customers request as it was felt to be too long. All the loops in the set are now the same size.
I need to finish it off but overall I'm quite pleased with how it all came together:)

A not too good picture of the full set:
P7190022.jpg

Thanks for looking
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE