Laplander saw substitute

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Magnese blade? Is that almost as good as titanium for holding edges :wink:

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
According to their advert it locks both in and out. So does the one from B&Q

Just checked and the B&Q one only measures 34cm though

Steve

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
2blackcat said:
According to their advert it locks both in and out. So does the one from B&Q

Steve

I have one of those folding saws from B&Q and find it pretty good. Sharp agressive teeth and only £6. Shame its bright orange

simon

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
simonsays said:
Shame its bright orange

Much easier to keep track of where you put it though. Am speaking from experience having lost a green Laplander... doh ! :roll: Now ive an orange tipped Bahco saw :wink:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
SquirrelBoy said:
Much easier to keep track of where you put it though. Am speaking from experience having lost a green Laplander... doh ! :roll: Now ive an orange tipped Bahco saw :wink:

I am sorry, but you had a sharp that was the best part of a foot long and you lost it?
safety?

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
It was while building a natural shelter. The saw had a crab on it which I mustnt have clipped to my belt properly and by the time id finished making it kicking/moving tons of leaf litter, loosing light etc - couldnt find it. Mistakes happen to the best of us.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE