Laplander Cutting Saw

kai055

Forager
Dec 29, 2006
Hornchurch
couple of my mates have this saw and say it is well worth what thet paid for it, wanted to know does any one else have any tips or own 1 and can tell me about how good they think it is.
:nutkick: :morpheus:

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
kai055 said:
couple of my mates have this saw and say it is well worth what thet paid for it, wanted to know does any one else have any tips or own 1 and can tell me about how good they think it is.
:nutkick: :morpheus:
I have one and they are brilliant. You need to shop around as prices vary quite a bit. I got mine from Amazon. :)

kai055

Forager
Dec 29, 2006
Hornchurch
yeah it is that saw, but i did not know where else to get coz i have only seen it 4 £23.99 and £25.00 so thanks, but if u are saying it can be get cheaper, will i just have to search around for it.

lloyd

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
I had a moan about them once, on the basis that I had a perfectly good ARS folding saw that cut on the pull stroke only but cost a fraction of the price of a Laplander... I always reach for the laplander however and find the stiffness in the blade great for the more of the sorts of jobs I'd want a folding saw to do, rather than just a saw for pruning trees and shrubs....

AFAIK, the same saw can be got cheaper but in a high viz colourscheme - which if you're not green fixated, would be an aid if dropped.

I may be totally wrong on this though!

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
Great bit of kit, I like the fact that the blade locks in both the open and closed position, the closed lock makes it ideal for carrying in a rucksack.

Paul

S

Selous

I've got one. Fantastic bit of kit. Very robust and efficient. Had the current one a year or so; got it from Amazon. Lost the one before that because it is invisible when dropped! I could tell you to within a 50 yd radius where my first one must be, but could I put my hands on it when I looked? Could I heck.

I must say, I didn't know/notice/realise you could get them in hi-viz colours. If I had, I'd have got one in flourescent orange, or yellow if available. With a bell attached.

I have used one of a friend of mine, i used a berger folding saw at that time. Was looking for a green one but here in the local DIY shops they only selled the orange one. I ordered a green one on Ebay. For vissibility i admitt the orange one is much better but i a green one is more bushy for me. They are fantastic tools, saw really quick. The black coating on the saw blade improves that very well.

So orange or green, its all personal but they are great tools!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE