Land for tent pitch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LIONHEARTJH

Jul 20, 2015
On the road
Hi Guys,

Looking for somewhere I can pitch up my tent and set base for a while... Anyone know of any land owners that have good minds with us campers? Anywhere in the UK will do :)

Also, how would you recommend I go about setting up base on a wild camping spot and leaving it to say go into town or city during the day etc? I wouldn't be in a park so not to worried about vandals but more I come back and a hiker or someone has had his way...

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
A good way to deter hikers or dog walkers from your camp is to mount animal heads onto long poles and drive them into the ground surrounding your camp. The fresher the heads, the better. If you want to deter them further, you need to string together animal bones and teeth, then hang them around the trees, over your shelter etc.... that works quite well I've found.

Some hikers, but more often than not dog walkers, will not be deterred by those things, so I like to keep a mannequin handy that I can dress in a white robe, lay on a large stone (or even a hand-built log bench of sorts) and cover in fake blood, or if thats not available, I've found daubing dog do do around the entrance gives off that special aroma and makes the intruder's eyes water. At that point, they see the white robed mannequin and they tend to scarper.

If all else fails, we have a member here called Mick who looks very intimidating with his balaclava and machete... he's always up for an adventure, so maybe he'd house sit for you :)

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
I'm talking with the local council for allowance on some land for wild camps. So far the chap has been receptive and wants to meet in person and I show my kit too him so he can get an understanding of everything.

LIONHEARTJH

Jul 20, 2015
On the road
A good way to deter hikers or dog walkers from your camp is to mount animal heads onto long poles and drive them into the ground surrounding your camp. The fresher the heads, the better. If you want to deter them further, you need to string together animal bones and teeth, then hang them around the trees, over your shelter etc.... that works quite well I've found.

Some hikers, but more often than not dog walkers, will not be deterred by those things, so I like to keep a mannequin handy that I can dress in a white robe, lay on a large stone (or even a hand-built log bench of sorts) and cover in fake blood, or if thats not available, I've found daubing dog do do around the entrance gives off that special aroma and makes the intruder's eyes water. At that point, they see the white robed mannequin and they tend to scarper.

If all else fails, we have a member here called Mick who looks very intimidating with his balaclava and machete... he's always up for an adventure, so maybe he'd house sit for you :)

HAHAHAHA Thank you

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
Could I just add to dewi's suggestion and point out (just so people don't think bush crafters are irresponsible) that the poles used for mounting the heads should ideally be made from dead standing timber and not green wood, indiscriminate cutting down of live trees may get you kicked off the camp site.

D.B.

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
That's cool, what jurisdiction are you in?

Im in the "central Bedfordshire" jurisdiction. Only trouble is, there is literally no streams or water sources nearby to get some water to boil up etc. But otherwise it's good land. About 10 acres or so of woodland. Doesn't sound much compared to some, but I'm not going to complain as it's a 10 minute drive from my house...or a 45 minute walk.

LIONHEARTJH

Jul 20, 2015
On the road
Im in the "central Bedfordshire" jurisdiction. Only trouble is, there is literally no streams or water sources nearby to get some water to boil up etc. But otherwise it's good land. About 10 acres or so of woodland. Doesn't sound much compared to some, but I'm not going to complain as it's a 10 minute drive from my house...or a 45 minute walk.

Nice... Let me know how you get on with that, I might be interested in a visit

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Certainly will do. They've been the first council that have been receptive to the idea because I've explained it too them. They realise I'm not a lout or a yob who will destroy the place but will take care with what I do.

It's all been very positive so far.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE