lamp question for the lamp guru's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
So would this be similar for a Bialaddin 310?

No not really. The Bialaddins/Vapalux's are quite hard to over pump. I have always found the lamps to need about 40-50 strokes in total, 12 to start then up to 40 additional strokes, condition of pump leather taken into consideration.
It depends how much fuel you have in the tank, a full tank may get hard to pump before your 40-50 strokes whereas a nearly empty tank will take many more strokes before it gets too hard to pump. Don't worry with these tanks, you will not be able to over pump them, the pump can literally not deliver enough pressure to harm a sound tank.

Steve.

Last edited:

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
No not really. The Bialaddins/Vapalux's are quite hard to over pump. I have always found the lamps to need about 40-50 strokes in total, 12 to start then up to 40 additional strokes, condition of pump leather taken into consideration.
It depends how much fuel you have in the tank, a full tank may get hard to pump before your 40-50 strokes whereas a nearly empty tank will take many more strokes before it gets too hard to pump. Don't worry with these tanks, you will not be able to over pump them, the pump can literally not deliver enough pressure to harm a sound tank.

Steve.

Brill...thanks for that.......:)
Andy

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Nope, you won't overpump them either...one of my favourite stoves as it happens.

Yep, i love mine too...only got it a couple of weeks ago but have now restored it, just fired it up now and certainly works better with about 70 pumps rather than the 30 or so I was giving it previously, so thanks for the advice :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
With the 210 if you have a windshield around it and close off the release screw, as the meths burns away it self pressurises and lights, some stove do then and the 210, obviously never leave it alone hoping it does this.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just a wee update. New seals and pump leather cup installed and my old x246 is running like a good un.
e6evegy4.jpg
a5uguvug.jpg
5ymatu6y.jpg

Orric

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Nah, you want an old one with the radioactive mantle, they give a lovely bright greenish light

That combined with the old asbestos pre-heater, it's a wonder we all made it through cubs LOL

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE