Lamb Roast Bushmoot 2018 Names

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I would like to roast a whole Lamb (maybe half) at this years moot.
I see this as a participation event not just buying a bit of cooked meat. Chopping Wood, turning spit "doing stuff" being compulsory not just nice.
I think that "Traders" day, Monday 13th, would be best as it is part of the core days but with no courses. Folk will still be able to shop but would still be able take part.
I think we will need funds to cover Lamb, oil and foil, herbs, salad and wood , Spuds and stuff !!! As such the price is not just for your share of the meat. Tim mentioned he would be in for a tenner so on that basis I am going for 10 people at a tenner each. I could eat a tenth of a lamb!
I have never done this before and am way over my head but still think it could be fun.

SO ....Who is up for it. Can you commit to a Tenner, will you do some of the work??

1. Hammock_Man

please reply by cutting the names, adding you own and re-posting... Like they do for Meats (get it ), Group buys and the like.

EDIT EDIT EDIT The group meal is on the Monday so I think we will have to move this. EDIT ends

Last edited:

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
It would seem I have made a boo-boo. The communal meal is on the Monday..... Any bids for the Day of the Lamb. Your thoughts please.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Seems as if we have hit enough numbers to do at least a half a lamb. If there are many others who like this idea there is still the thought of doing more then one Lamb !! Keep them coming folks.

( Lamb and Port sounds like mothers milk to me !!)

boubindica

Forager
Mar 13, 2018
London
It would seem I have made a boo-boo. The communal meal is on the Monday..... Any bids for the Day of the Lamb. Your thoughts please.
well we have enough people to just cook the half-lamb and eat it :) being new, i don't feel knowledgable enough to suggest anything for the communal meal thing... i dont have a smoking box... maybe if we buy the whole lamb and jerky the less fatty parts, we can share that for the communal meal and eat the fattier parts, slow roasted on the days before the communal meal? just suggestions from my limited knowledge.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
1. Hammock_Man
2. Jeff Edwards
3. JohnC
4. boubindica
5. Trotsky
6. Bex (my other half)
7. Callum (Thumb slasher)
8. Matt (Callum's friend)
9. bob_the_baker (Ian)

Should be able to make a nice stock with the bones to make a vat of cawl as well

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Not exactly sure what day this is planned for yet and therefore my availability but i'll put my name down as well if i may

1. Hammock_Man
2. Jeff Edwards
3. JohnC
4. boubindica
5. Trotsky
6. Bex (my other half)
7. Callum (Thumb slasher)
8. Matt (Callum's friend)
9. bob_the_baker (Ian)
10. Buckshot

Well done for organising it too

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Oh Em Gee
It looks like we have a lamb roast... Could I ask if anyone has any views on the date they speak up. Also keep the names coming, nothing to say that we could not roast 2 or 3 lambs. As I may had said before I see this as a partisipation partishapay partis..... everyone muck in event not just buy a slice of meat.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
After the core days would seem to be a good idea, longer to sort stuff, less courses. Please do do take this as fixed mind, we need a good bit more input all round. Speak up good folk.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
We're having to leave a little early, prob the 16th, so may have to miss out, but happy to help with prep before then, ie wood cutting etc.

Trotsky

Either side of the core days suits Bex, Callum, Matt and me, we're going to be there for the whole moot.

Perhaps if we only pencil in the date for now and make a firm decision when we're there? Organising face to face is probably easier and we can plan around things like weather.

Reactions: srod

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE