Laksen Moose Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

edelweiss

Sep 27, 2011
Austria
Hi,

no experience with the jacket. But I have a pair of Laksen Stirling trousers which are quite good. The outer shell material is very
silent and rustle free, which would make these good for hunting I guess. Mine don't have Goretex but a membrane called CTX.
I planned on getting a jacket from them before I went on to use non-membrane clothing as my outer shell.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
Hi,

no experience with the jacket. But I have a pair of Laksen Stirling trousers which are quite good. The outer shell material is very
silent and rustle free, which would make these good for hunting I guess. Mine don't have Goretex but a membrane called CTX.
I planned on getting a jacket from them before I went on to use non-membrane clothing as my outer shell.

Alas, looks like the Moose has been discontinued and sizes are only available for beefcakes & bloaters.

What's the CTX membrane like? I'm tempted towards buying some of their other gear, but I don't think I can break away from goretex. Nothing really vents the sweat so well when you're chasing things or being chased by things, but I don't think I can break away from Gore-tex. Performance is enough breathability for me though. I've looked at the deerhunter stuff too.

edelweiss

Sep 27, 2011
Austria
What's the CTX membrane like?

I found it to be quite ok. But this was on my legs only and in cold/wet conditions. The trousers have an inner lining that feels a little bit
silky against the skin and tends to act a bit cooling, so it did not feel too bad. I can't really compare it to Goretex, as I've only owned
Goretex jackets and upper body ventilation and sweating is a totally different story.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE