Lakes or Peaks ?

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
thanks for all the suggestions guys, SWMBO has decided on the Lyth valley and booked a week at the beginning of June, hopefully we'll miss the school holidays but get some decent weather.

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
Farther north in the Lakes is great, I found it a harder landscape, more like the Dales, in fact, but well worth it. The touristy areas of the lakes are frustrating, I find, just because of the amount of tourists. It's all icecream and grannies and roads jammed up with coaches. well, that said, I've not holidayed in the lakes for a good few years, but that's what it used to be like. I can't imagine it's changed.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I was up in Little Langdale over the weekend and it was idyllic.
IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

I just love the Langdale bridges
IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

Burry oak
IMG_2728.jpg

Slate workings everywhere, 80 years ago it must have been a very industrial landscape, birch are moving in now colonising the waste.
IMG_2726.jpg

We were not all up to high fells but got a brief taster.
IMG_2730.jpg

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
We went up the lakes this weekend too. Day one , the Rigg up towards high st , blea water and small water. Lots and lots of snow. Day , Tarn Hows and Black fell. I've never done Black fell before, it was absolutley lovely, just a little hillock reakky but with such a spectacular view seeming plonked right smack in the middle of the bigger fells. Fantastic, will try to get some pics up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE