Lake District overnighter, should have been two though

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I would have been far more comfortable in my £20 ex forces bivvy and could have enjoyed the superb star lit sky without been slapped in the face repeatedly by my Tent.
Still it appears to have caused quite a bit of damage. I spoke to Terra nova this morning and they said they have had a good few calls ref damaged tents so I am not the only one.

Still I will happily do it again it is all part of lifes rich tapestry and agood learning curve.

Has 2 trips with Rich recently first one my pack started to fallt bits the second trip my tent gets stuffed is there a pattern emerging???? lol

Al I will bell you tomorrow. My apologies for not been in touch and thank you for the birthday card.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
I would have been far more comfortable in my £20 ex forces bivvy and could have enjoyed the superb star lit sky without been slapped in the face repeatedly by my Tent.
Still it appears to have caused quite a bit of damage. I spoke to Terra nova this morning and they said they have had a good few calls ref damaged tents so I am not the only one.

Still I will happily do it again it is all part of lifes rich tapestry and agood learning curve.

I regard every trip to the lakes as being potentially awful or amazing. We just keep going because the amazing trips are truly amazing.

At least you didn't have rain or snow mixed in with the wind!

Has 2 trips with Rich recently first one my pack started to fallt bits the second trip my tent gets stuffed is there a pattern emerging???? lol

Perhaps the gods are telling you to stay away from the lightweight kit and buy more robust stuff. As a glass half full type of guy, I regard the extra calories burnt carrying the little bit of extra weight means I can eat more cake when I get home. Result! :)

Al I will bell you tomorrow. My apologies for not been in touch and thank you for the birthday card.

Okay.

The clan of the burger burners has been quiet lately. I figured everyone was on holiday with family.

We took the canoe out Monday for a picnic paddle on the canal. Ali wouldn't use the sail because of the strength of the wind, but I reckon Charlie could have water skied behind us had we raised sail. Good fun!

It's high time I got to paddle with Shewie too, maybe you could talk him into popping across for a splosh about sometime Andy.

We'll speak soon.

Al

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE