Ladybirds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I managed to catch one with my mouth whilst riding a pushbike down a big hill... Although I did eat the ladybird, I still consider it only a draw and not a victory... utterly foul! :yuck:

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
Keith_Beef said:
And these are being sold on mainland Europe for pest control!

Makes me wonder how they are being marketed

Call me a cynic if you will but I can almost imagine the advertising

"Environmentally Friendly Pest Control"

Isn't that the kind of excuse used to introduce myxamatosis?

:cry: :cry: :cry: Tant

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
tomtom yes - coincidence or not but McDonalds use the same colours give or take... good ol' warning colours.

tantalus never underestimate the ignorance of some people, it's got legs, how bad can it be? aparently, the year I was born (1976) there were huge swarms of ladybirds biting people up and down the country due to ideal weather.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Either way these new asain ones where a sign saying I'll eat you - appearantly they bite!

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
yeah i remember dire stories about ladybug plagues as a kid

as far as i remember they followed closely on the heels of aphid plagues (surprise surprise)

ladybugs bleed formic acid at the knees when they are distressed (we were told at the time) which is what makes it feel like a bite

formic acid is the stuff in ant and nettle stings

Tant

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE