Laavu, Bell tent or Yurt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Forget overpriced Yurts. Tipi tents are good but you loose a lot of 'real' space because of the sloping walls, you retain more with a Bell tent. I've a big Coleman tunnel tent which will sleep eight but if I were you I'd look at getting two, one for sleeping and one as a social area; leave the bedrooms out and you have masses of space...no bending down, no lost space and weather proof. Get just one and the porch would be enough for you.

4027.jpg

[video=youtube;cCJA7RCd6Lo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCJA7RCd6Lo[/video]

£300 including porch...can't go wrong for family/group camping.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I do have an Eskdale Trail 10 man tent that we normally use for camping but I fancy something a little more homely to go on my own land.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The Eskdale Trail 10 is a bit lightweight in build but should certainly suit your needs. Unless you have cash to spare I'd say to you buy nothing for the first year and see how much you actually use the site and how your existing kit copes and build/buy from the experience.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Go for a yurt... We made one, i did a thread on here some time back, i do like tents, but the solidity of a yurt is imo hard to beat..

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Go for a yurt... We made one, i did a thread on here some time back, i do like tents, but the solidity of a yurt is imo hard to beat..

John would you be so kind as to link your build thread? Cheers Dan

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

wickedwillow

Dec 29, 2010
malvern
Another for yurts, I made mine ten years ago and still going strong, great headroom. Started using the plans from Paul Kings The Complete Yurt Handbook but they were slightly off so adapted them. Great results and worth steam bending.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE