Kydex Axe Mask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
A while back I saw a post on another forum from someone that had bought a kydex sheath for their Gransfors Bruks Small Forest Axe. There is something about leather that I really like and prefer, but I also thought that this looked sturdy and reliable. I don't know a thing about kydex, but for $15 dollars, I figured it was worth trying out. There are several color options, and I chose the chocolate brown. It arrives with the shock cord and a cord lock attached, and it also includes a second shock cord for when the original wears out. It is well built and fitted, and quite tight getting on and off the axe at first. Honestly, I'm not sure that I really need the shock cord because it has to be taken off at a certain angle and wouldn't just pull right off if it was snagged on something. I like it and it offers several benefits over leather, but I'm still not ready to give up my leather axe mask.

Grizzly Outdoors is the site that makes and sells them along with kydex sheaths for other products as well.
http://www.grizzly-outdoors.com/shop/category/gransfors-bruks-hunters-axe

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE