Kukri for Bushcraft use ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
One being a small belt knife weighing 3oz ?? Have you tried to split logs with a kukri, mine tends to bounce off anything other than very soft wood,... and by the time I've added my Pocketboy its three tools anyway and I have no problem with that. Add my backpack and its lots to carry, but thats the name of the game isnt it? Who goes off into the woods with just one item and nothing else. Apart from Ed Stafford

Hey , I did say potential counter argument. :)

I like you , am happy to carry the additional tools which are specific for their task and excel at it.

However - not every one will see it that way.

Coach

Banned
Oct 3, 2017
Uk
Hey , I did say potential counter argument. :)

I like you , am happy to carry the additional tools which are specific for their task and excel at it.

However - not every one will see it that way.
Thats their choice.

z_bumbi

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2016
Linköping, Sweden
If I need a 'chopper' I use an axe, even a small one like GBs Wildlife Hatchet does a better job than a khukuri. IMHO.!!

I have axes as well but if I just feel the need to take some stakes for fun or on a longer trip a chopper is a valid choice. As I also just can cut som indention and break most trees in that size I real dosen.t need either tools. For most outdoor uses I can manage with my Victorinox classic but what fun would that be?

Reactions: Rockfarm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE