kochanski vids

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I have emailed them to enquire about getting the PAL VERSIONS - I will let you all know what they say when they reply. Would be good to get them me thinks!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Re-order no worries Al I'll be around a while yet! :wink:

Karamat is Mors company they would be the people to speak to - I'll drop Randy a line and see what he thinks.

Good call btw Al.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Ok received a mail from Lori who says videos in Pal are possible and will be $5 canadian more than the standard and post will be more than $10 Canadian - i plan to buy a copy of each and as such I have asked them to give me a price for the lot - once this is confirmed I'll let you know, but it is good news that we can get them at least! :super:

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I've viewed a few of the videos. Content and production quality are excellent. There is a series of booklets available singly or as a set. They are a mixed bag, some are very basic, some brilliant ( the wilderness windlass) all well presented. Mors is my favourite instructor. Anyone who uses Moras instead of promoting some multi purpose creature passing for a knife just maybe knows what he is about.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
He is a favourite of mine too Chris, like a good knife, he has become popular in Britian the old way - by word of mouth and for simply being very good.

I have those little booklets, as you say a mixed bag, but interesting none the less.

J

Jazzman

I am a big fan of Mors also, but I don't have any of his stuff. In fact the only thing I own which is remotely related to him is a Mora knife.

I will consider the videos however, good link Al.

Also, my overall fav instructor would be Juha Rankinen, just because he is so great.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Juha Rankenin, is a very nice guy and a good instructor - I am proud to class him as a friend also!

AS for the videos each video is $29.95 Canadian and they ask $20.00 canadian to ship - so the two videos in PAL format would cost $79.90 Canadain or £33.81 - quite reasonable I think you'll agree.

If you wish to order them contact Randi or Lori at Karamat www.karamat.com.

Hope that helps.

J

Jazzman

I've heard nothing but good things about him.

Do you by any chance Gary, know Henry Minto? he's been on a lot of courses on Bushcraft/Woodlore.

I am still looking about for some Books by Mors though

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Jazzman, the name rings a bell but I am treble with faces ect.

Mors book Bushcraft is available from Amazon if thats what your after - Northern Bushcraft and Bushcraft are the same thing btw.

J

Jazzman

Well yeah, that's the one I'm looking for. I've found it numerous times, I'm price scouting now, as I'm reluctant to part with money.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I dont know if the Karamat team will ever read this but can I just say how much I have enjoyed the first two videos.

Mors style is so refreshing and down to earth, no egotisical references, no script writer amd no assistant to do the hard stuff just he before the camera doing what he loves.

Each video is filmed live, in the wilderness with snow falling and is structured like a lesson, you could almost be sat in front of him.

If he makes a mistake he shows it (yep no cutting the footing to make himself look good) and he explains what he did wrong.

He still uses a red handles version of the frost training knife which speaks volumes about his humility and knowledge and has elevated him up, in my humble opinion, from merely being very good to the best bushcraft instructor I have seen in action.

If you get the chance to watch any of the videos take my advice and do it as they are refreshingly practical and encouraging.

One word of warning these arent '30 min wonders' they are long videos covering skills in detail and as such my advice is watch them a little at a time.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Must have been the last one as we were ok until then! :wink:

Anyway - KOCHANSKI VIDEOS - good value for money and packed full of knowledge!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm pop corn!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE