Knots for setting up a camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swissgearlabs

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2011
Switzerland
www.youtube.com
Excellent tutorial. I love watching the way other people do things. I have my own way of doing many of those same tasks but your knots look better in a few cases. You are a very good teacher. Using the larger rope certainly helped. Thanks.

Mac

thanks for the nice comment. I watched all your rope craft videos on youtube and found the ones where you filmed a truck driver very useful.

cheers mate

capt.dunc

Forager
Oct 11, 2011
dundee
i like it when i learn something in a foreign language, so even now that armie's translated, i'll always think of it as anbindeknoten. thanks.

treebloke

Tenderfoot
I have uploaded another vid which shows alternative ways to make "Trucker's Hitch"-like Knots.
The problem with the Trucker's Hitch is that it is made with quick release knots, and that can be a problem when larger diameter ropes or very high tension is involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ny-a9PPLT4

Let me know if I didn't explain myself clear enough.

Enjoy, p@

The truckers hitch was originally the waggoners hitch as it was used long before trucks were invented. I find the thicker the rope the easier it is to tie but that will depend on the quality of the rope and with thinner rope I find it helps if you put an extra twist just before you thread the rope back through itself.

Gray1100

May 4, 2010
UK
Only just watched this video today and I would agree it's a very good tutorial.
Thank heavens for YouTube and thanks for sharing it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE