Knots for setting up a camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swissgearlabs

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2011
Switzerland
www.youtube.com
The "knot-topic" is somewhat recurring, I know...

But since once in a while I am asked to show how I do knots and what knot I use in what situation, I decided to share my way of doing things via a YouTube Video:

Please be aware that these knots are used for setting up a camp, and not for climbing or other dangerous activities!

[video=youtube;F_-CwJNEkcs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-CwJNEkcs[/video]

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 18, 2011
Scotland
Awesome video brother, You showed all the knots i personally use. I don't use the butterfly knot as i just make two loops on a line, pass them through each other, then pull on the loop, which makes a secure loop anywhere on a line plus to untie you just pull the line on both sides of the loop away from each other.

If you know what i mean what is it called

Edit to add... The loop i describe will tighten with any pull on the line but it's good for hanging things on as it will tighten and lock it in place.

Last edited:

swissgearlabs

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2011
Switzerland
www.youtube.com
Awesome video brother, You showed all the knots i personally use. I don't use the butterfly knot as i just make two loops on a line, pass them through each other, then pull on the loop, which makes a secure loop anywhere on a line plus to untie you just pull the line on both sides of the loop away from each other.

If you know what i mean what is it called

Edit to add... The loop i describe will tighten with any pull on the line but it's good for hanging things on as it will tighten and lock it in place.

I just tried the knot you described an like it!

Cool stuff, never had seen this knot before and have no clue what it is called. I like how it is actually tightening when you pull the line, which can be useful, indeed. And it is undone easily.

Cheers mate

melv

Jun 24, 2011
Wales
Thanks for a great video. Easy to follow and really useful for a newb like myself. Have taken to practicing with a length of paracord whilst watching tv.

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
Excellent tutorial. I love watching the way other people do things. I have my own way of doing many of those same tasks but your knots look better in a few cases. You are a very good teacher. Using the larger rope certainly helped. Thanks.

Mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE