Knot Booklet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 10, 2016
yorkshire
I could really do with a booklet on the best knots as they are useful to learn in every day life not just in the outdoor world. If something as simple as towing your car, it is really useful to learn how to tie a good solid know that holds up to the strain.

75RR

Jan 12, 2014
Caracas
Thanks to cariocarj01, kelpie13, AllTru, mrcharly, Leshy, Statts, bigbush, and Pepper16 (first post of 2017)

Kitharode, thanks for the help
Robi, hope you found it useful

... Fig19 is a bowline 'variation' of which there are many but not the 'bowline' per see.
Fig 18 Ashley #1010 is considered to be the base 'bowline'.
Ashley was unimpressed by the Left-Hand Bowline, hence the odd numbering he gave it #10341/2

Last edited:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Edit:

Was having trouble downloading it again. Sorted now! Thanks again
Brilliant booklet
👍👍

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
This is really good. In my day and time, there were just books in a bookstore.
I got lucky in a bookstore and found Des Pawson's KNOTS: The Complete Visual Guide.
I could still use a simple list of 24 knots, just a list, that might be used for many things.
I can name and tie maybe a dozen. Everybody should be able to do better than I.

75RR

Jan 12, 2014
Caracas
Many thanks to jamie32, mvmbushcraft, Leshy, Robson Valley, Bushcraft Not Minecraft and bushmanbobby for your comments

Sorry for the delay in replying

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE