knifes ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

1987_uk

alright, im buying ma first hunting/survial knife i was looking along the lines of a bowie or something like that. Why are they so expensive :-o im lookin to pay around £ 40 - 50 for it anyone no any websites or shops that have cheap knifes, thanks 4 the help :wink:

wayne

1987_uk

Thanks 4 the replys but i wanted a much bigger knife or even a machete. im looking for a knife with a 7-9 inch blade but dont want to pay the expensive prices for these kind of knifes any ideas

wayne

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
1987_uk said:
Thanks 4 the replys but i wanted a much bigger knife or even a machete. im looking for a knife with a 7-9 inch blade but dont want to pay the expensive prices for these kind of knifes any ideas

wayne

I think most people on this site would advise that unless you are intending to use the knife in the tropics, you would be far better served by a small fixed blade.
The recomendations for the frosts mora blades are an excellent choice. I would also suggest getting a couple of books before making your decision. Bushcraft by Mors Kochanski and Bushcraft by Ray Mears, both have good advice on choosing and using knives.

1987_uk

thanks again....im just getting into bushcraft so bear with me. Going to buy rays book as soon as i get the chance cheers

wayne

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
1987_uk said:

wayne

Wow, when you said survival, I didn't realise you mant surviving a Bear attack. :D

Seriously though, most folks will advise you to use the appropriate tool for the job. Occasionally, people may advise you that a big bowie knife is the appropriate tool, but not very often and not for very many things. A bowie knife is primarily a fighting knife, it's a weapon first. If you need a big fighting knife or weapon, for fighting Bears or something, then you may get advised towards a bowie. If your needs are for primitive or wilderness living, it isn't the best choice by a long margin.

1987_uk

cheers for the advice stew iv just been on the site u posted and ordered the frost 780. i couldnt resist after seeing how cheap it was, what a bargain ! :lol: thanks again

wayne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE