Knife type?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

JohnC

Full Member
Jun 28, 2005
2,624
83
64
Edinburgh
I got this old knife to derust etc. Is it a specialised knife of some kind?
The total blade is over 3" long and it has the 3/4" semicircle with a bevelled edge like it was for stripping something..
No visible makers mark that I can see.. Wooden handles.

 
Might it be an electricians knife of some sort? The curved notch could be for stripping the outer insulating sheath on cabling perhaps?

Dave
 
Might it be an electricians knife of some sort? The curved notch could be for stripping the outer insulating sheath on cabling perhaps?

Dave


Exactly. It´s a typical electrician knife.
Here in Spain there was a lot of these kind of knives.

Oh ..... and excuse me for my poor English.

Luis.
 
Thanks for the thoughts! I wondered about a specialised gardeners knife, but the electricians knife would make sense too..
There is a bit of an edge on the notch..
 
Last edited:
Case electricians knife.
201le_electrician_knife.jpg
 
Fair enough Robbi. Still don't see where it's a Case though? Am I missing something in the ad or photo? It references Italian made knives.
 
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE