Knife steel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

smokyjoe

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2012
london
Hi guys, I was wondering where the cheapest place I can buy 01 flat stock steel from, I want to be able to make quite a few knife from it.

Feb 9, 2013
Bury St Edmunds
I bought a 240x30x4mm piece of annealed 01 off eBay last week. It came with some 6mm brass for handle pins and 6mm stainless steel tube for the lanyard tube. There was more than enough of each for one good sized knife.
All in, including postage, it came to £12.65. Other sizes are available from the same seller.
I don't know how this compares to bulk buy prices from the companies mentioned before but for my one-off project it was perfect - just the right starting size, annealed and ready to shape and enough fitting materials.
Hope this helps,
James

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
the engineering companies above both sell individual pieces of steel as well as most other things you may want to make a knife. ;) If you want bulk buying then go to a speicalist steel stockist and buy kilos of the stuff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE