Knife sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Good evening guys
I just wanted to put this out there for some advice really.
Have almost finished my first ever knife and have started on the sheath but what I was wondering is what is the best way to finish it. I have seen that the leather can be wet finished and remains relatively soft or can be bees waxed which gives the leather a much harder almost solid plastic feel. With all the experts on here does anyone have the best option
Best regards
Rick

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
If you wet form it and let it dry then dye it the sheath should stay fairly firm. It won't go soft until you put mink oil or neat's foot oil or a similar treatment on the leather. You can then just leave it or give it a polish with neutral shoe polish if you want it to remain firm and skip the treatment. I've never bothered with bees wax and never had a problem, it's all down to personal preferance really. Good luck with the sheath, remember to post some pics when it's finished!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE